Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the FMCSA and must have a USDOT Number. Also, commercial intrastate hazardous materials carriers who haul types and quantities requiring a safety permit must register for a USDOT Number.

The USDOT Number serves as a unique identifier when collecting and monitoring a company's safety information acquired during audits, compliance reviews, crash investigations, and inspections

Companies that do the following are required to have interstate Operating Authority (MC number) in addition to a DOT number:

  • Transport passengers in interstate commerce (for a fee or other compensation, whether direct or indirect)
  • Transport federally-regulated commodities owned by others or arranging for their transport, (for a fee or other compensation, in interstate commerce)

Ready to get your authority? Contact our team of professionals for detailed information what is required.
Obtaining USDOT number
MC operating authority
Broker Authority
Designation of Process Agents (BOC-3
Authority Reinstatement
Authority Name Change
Motor carrier Identification report (MCS-150)
Designation of Process Agents (BOC-3)
Unified Carrier registration (UCR)
Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC)